Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Int Seminar 2: Research Update #2

After last week's reading and class, I have come up with the outline of my research: 

1: Introduction & Main Argument

I will write the introduction by relating to some of the famous street basketball courts in 

New York City and then states that the site I chose can also be rebuilt into a street basketball court. 

2: Argument #1

A basketball court in a community can bring the neighborhood and people from other places together.

I will then use the readings and my personal anecdotes to support this argument.
3: Argument #2

The neighborhood (Bushwick, which is mainly a Hispanic community) has deep relationship with basketball. 

First, I will use the demographic data of Bushwick to state that the neighborhood is mainly 

Hispanic people. Then, by going through the readings and archives (and maybe some personal anecdotes), I will show people the deep relationship between Hispanic people and basketball.

4: Argument #3

A basketball court will not bring gentrification to the neighborhood. 

The most talked about topic within this whole assignment is gentrification. In this section, I will go through some examples about gentrification. 

5: Conclusion


The parking lot on Bushwick Ave & Stagg St should be rebuilt/reorganized into a street basketball court.  

No comments:

Post a Comment