Friday, February 7, 2014

Integrative Studio 2 Blog Assignment: Grand Central Scavenger Hunt

This Monday, Professor Jensen took the class to Grand Central for a scavenger hunt. The experience was quite interesting. In class that day, we were given insightful talks on Guastiavino designed vaulted ceilings. Here is the one that I found in Grand Central: 
After we got inside of the MetLife building, we saw a beautiful compass rose:
Grand Central is a train station, so there are many clocks inside,such as (one on each side, four sides total, two different sets of clocks):

I found this escalator that is now no longer used: 
Some of the artworks were also interesting, such as the carved dragon and bi-plane:
Unfortunately, my sign was not on the ceiling.

The best selfie spot would be a cake shop:
The best dressed passerby was wearing a classic suit 3 piece with a long coat. Sadly, I did not get a chance to take a photo of him.

Here's some marks of wear and tear:
Something I would change is that, there should be less shops.

The statue:

The transit museum: 

People were talking French and Spainish during our snippets collection.

A guy looked totally lost. I watched him walking like particles doing random movement.

I said "Hey, how are you?" to my friend at the whisper chamber and he did not hear me. 

The foods were really great, the way their store was set up looked interesting.

Cupcake from Magnolia Bakery:










No comments:

Post a Comment